CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

MY Addiction


Wednesday 5 November 2008

My keeping thus far!

so... one of my last real post talked about me getting a transfer and moving cities. I didnt get the 2bedmroom apartment i talked about and ended up bunking in my friend's place for some 3 gruesome weeks. i say gruesome because i felt so uncomfortable, my things were left unpacked in boxes and bags it wasnt it at all. i felt so choked and miserable.

...then we decided to save some money and get a place together, i agreed; good idea why not? we go view a newly built apartment still on the edge of completion and fell immediately in love with it. the show room was off the chain, it had 2 master bedrooms with 1 shower room/toilet and a bathroom/toilet. we decided as soon as it was completed 1 week from then, we were moving in instantly. agreed.
when we got to her house, she told to me that she would be taking the shower room/toilet because she hates bath tubs. fair enough for me since am a bathroom freak never minding she wasnt discussing it, she simply stated it. 2mins later i got a catelogue and started looking through bathroom decor only for her to tell me she's getting jealous and she doesnt think she wants the shower room no more. i laughed that off, how ridiculous???

this young lady decided to wake me up from sleep to tell me she needs to talk to me about the apartment we will soon be sharing. guys i was mighty ticked off cos i was so tired. she goes; 'ive been thinking about the idea of me taking the shower room and i dont think i like it very much. i know am not into taking baths but i quite enjoy the decor that comes with a bathroom'. ok not precisely but that was what she said. i asked her what she wanted she said it will be nice to share both. i tell her no problem can i go back to bed. she's like even if we dont share we can use either one and leave the second for guests. i said not problem was that all she said yes and i went back to bed.

we saw 2 showrooms, the 2bed and the 1bed. quite frankly, the 1bed was so nice and i had been dreaming of it ever since the day but i didnt want to be the horrible person to say; right! i want to live alone after agreeing to share a place.

and so... that night i said a prayer to God, that he should teach me what to do and show me a way out of getting a place with her.

at work the next day on my lunch break i get a text. saying she thinks moving together is not a good idea and she is not ready for the expenses and stress that comes with it.

... that was my ticket to freedom. i immediately sent her a text saying i understand and it is completely ok, ill just get the 1bed then. that was one of the happiest days of my life. i called the agent told him about my plans and immediate arranged to move in at the end of the week, the opening of the apartments.

when i got to my friend's house that day, i didnt want any frictions so i carried on as normal, she was uncomfortable i could tell but i kind of eased her tension by talking to her about what she wanted to do next. i didnt tell her i had arranged to move by the end of the week though. the day after she asked what i was doing for the weekend and i answered nothing. she then went ahead to say cos her boyfriend is coming so i'll have to arrange something. which means i should find my square root in the weekend. in an unfairliar city u guys. i thought that was most horrible.

you needed to see the reaction on her face when i told her i was moving out on the friday; absolutely PRICELESS!!!

I now live in my beautiful apartment. happy with life most joyous that the Lord had guided my footsteps and i tell u, life could not be sweeter.

problem now is because its newly built. the postcode is not yet recognised and i have no internet connection, no cable and no landfone. apart form that life is purrfect!!!

the apartement is fully furnished so there was not much i could do with decor except give it some touches here and there to make it mine own private space. plus it is so spacious its just beautiful. i go to work and all i can dream of is going back to my house just to be in it.
this is the summary of my life in the last 2months.

... so, tell me what u've been up to.

33 finger tappings:

Ms.O said...

So can we see pics?!?!?!..It sounds beautiful!!

Thirty + said...

So that is where you have been.

Yes we can see pictures ...oops I meant can we see pictures (seems I have been affected by Obamatisis).

Missed ya

bArOquE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bArOquE said...

ah, i'll give anything to be in a new apartment now...sorry, i meant a NEW HOUSE, one with a gate & only me living in it...'m posting soon about my soon to be living situation contrary to yours...thanks GOD you didnt get to stay with the chic...so we got teh place to ourselves *wink*...welcome back, pretty pebbles

Jennifer A. said...

Wow......I was smiling throughout the entire story because I just liked how God totally HOOKED YOU UP!!!! Muhahaaaa!!! As in, when God is working with you, it will be soooo OBVIOUS, that even your enemies (not saying she's your enemy) will be a peace with you...

Congratulations...well, I guess it's been 2 months in which God was working on promoting you to a better place in your life...the hibernation was a good thing!

Jennifer A. said...

I'm feeling Chrisette Michele (as always when I listen to your playlist), as well as Katie Melua (first time hearing her sing)...wow...

I like "Where would I be" by Kindred the family soul...eyahh!

Tyger said...

your story happened to me once, the part about sharing but somehow God got me out of it too!

i'm glad you got a nice apartment... hope we get to see pictures soon....

Nigerian Drama Queen said...

~Welcome back! Lucky you..you got a fully furnished apartment! Im glad you get to live by yourself...I dont think I could have handled a roomate! Loving your playlist btw

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

^ ms O... OH YES! u can mos def see pics on my nxt post. i promise.

^ 30+... that is exactly where i av been. and i promise pics as well. lol we all shuld be affected by obamatisis. why not???

^ baroque... lol. about u meant in a new house with gates. wotever. lol. shea its all ours baby??? good thing its just mi and u, no one else. lol. i'll like to know how u live.

^ jaycee... HE's a good God honestly. culdnt be more thankful. am happy u like katie melua??? i saw her in concert last friday. she was absolutely amazing.

^ tyger... 4 u all, i will make sure i post up pics.

^ NDQ... lucky mi ohhh. life is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

He sure makes our desires come to pass in His own way and at His own time.

Buttercup said...

wow..the wonders of God's work!

im so happy for u!

The Activist said...

seems like someone has being busy and having fun too

Hurry to my blog to know what I have being up to. It will be a repetition to tell u here again Light.

darkelcee said...

so how are u enjoying ur new place?

bArOquE said...

...what better way than to find out, than to see it yourself...when can you come...i've got running water & air conditioning...LMAO...

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

^ rethots... always in his appointed time. mi luv!

^ buttercup... well thx sweetie.

^ standtall.. too much fun menh! am luving this city.

^ darkelcee... words cannot express how i feel.

^ baroque... running water is very vital. the rest is history. why not.

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

^ rethots... always in his appointed time. mi luv!

^ buttercup... well thx sweetie.

^ standtall.. too much fun menh! am luving this city.

^ darkelcee... words cannot express how i feel.

^ baroque... running water is very vital. the rest is history. why not.

miz-cynic said...

wishi could stay alone but ......i stay with my folks.this is naija, im yoruba again ...its almost taboo for a women to stay by hersel;f for any period of her life.....cos after folks place...it is expected to move in with hubby........unlucky me.

Queen of My Castle said...

Congrats on your new place. Truly there is nothing like having your own space.

I am so digging your music choices...as usual.

Anonymous said...

Gosh...your new place sounds like pure bliss...hmmmn sharing an apartment with a friend can be quite dicey...so if you weren't moving that Friday you wld have been kicked to the kerb unceremoniously?
hmmm Friends!!!

Bombchell said...

WOW im so happy for you that u got a chance to avoid a roommate with drama and jealousy.

u should post pics of the apartment.

hmm just decided to get my masters last month not much else is new.

Congrats again!

U just reminded me how how I love KEM, imma need to go buy his cds or download them ;)

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

^ miz-cynic... to be honest if i were in naija, picture mi in my folks house till i get married. thinking about it now. i feel free. lol! its the way the culture is.

^ qomc... thx darling. i knew the playlist would tickle ur fancy. i mean why note judging from ur smashing taste in music. how av u been?

^ nolimit... trust it is pure bliss am happy that somehow that bullet with the lov of God was dodged.

^ bombchell... at least thats outta my hair.
great on ur masters, wot wuld u be reading? kem is wonderful darling.

Jinta said...

sharing always causes stress - you were always beter off alone

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

^ jinta... well now i know.

Buttercup said...

Just sayin hi!

ibiluv said...

glad for u dear

i HATE to share

love me own space!!!!!!!!!!

guerreiranigeriana said...

...wow...she sounds like a trip...good thing you said that prayer...it always trips me out when we avoid doing something to somebody because we are worried about how they'll feel, yet they turn around and do the very thing...happy for your new spot...pics would be nice though...hope you're well and get some internet soon...

Ms.O said...

I still come here all the time to Listen to your playlist. Hope your ok. Update soon..:)

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were. Glad to read up on what's going on. Take care and share some pics

deola said...

I am new. I love your blog and the playlist. The songs were much helpful.

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

^ buttercup... hello darling! muahxx

^ ibiluv... my dear its always worth it.

^ gn... i know right! it only goes further to show how very selfish people are. i used get my internet up and running soon and pictures will come as soon as i can find my camera charger am in a fix of where it is.

^ ms o... darling am fine ill be on ur blog soon.

^ solomonsydelle... its really nice u're thinking of mi. am fine and i will share pics soon. promise.

^ deola... welcome darling, thx..

Anonymous said...

wow!thank goodness you didnt room with her!do u know what she will have put you through!while she was kind to let you stay with her for 3 weeks i must say she is selfish for just stating that she wanted the other bathroom and not even discussing it,then waking you from sleep to tell you she wanted the other one!!
ah!you guys will have so fought if you lived together!!but you sef you for tell am say you were planning to move now(she housed you for three weeks) and it was just polite you told her ahead of time!!seriously if you werent moving out where did she expect you to stay when her bf came!does he live in d same city or a diff state?maybe they had planned his visit for a while
are u guys real close friends cos it doesnt sound like that at all
i am just happy you aint rooming with her

Anonymous said...

wow!thank goodness you didnt room with her!do u know what she will have put you through!while she was kind to let you stay with her for 3 weeks i must say she is selfish for just stating that she wanted the other bathroom and not even discussing it,then waking you from sleep to tell you she wanted the other one!!
ah!you guys will have so fought if you lived together!!but you sef you for tell am say you were planning to move now(she housed you for three weeks) and it was just polite you told her ahead of time!!seriously if you werent moving out where did she expect you to stay when her bf came!does he live in d same city or a diff state?maybe they had planned his visit for a while
are u guys real close friends cos it doesnt sound like that at all
i am just happy you aint rooming with her

Lighty 'neferet' Kopearl said...

^ pink satin... my dear i wuldnt av allowed any argument or fights if we lived together. only i will be utterly miserable.

i wuldnt say i informed her late of my mmoving out. cos the plan was as soon as i got a place i move out but then the plan changed we were to move in together. and it changed again she wasnt coming with me. so i automatically assumed my first plan as back on track she knew this. and that she had no problem wit.

by the way her boyfriend lives in another city and there was no previous plans of his visit until a day before she told me.

am happy God settled the situation for us. how r u???